Hygiene & safety measures in our Resorts
Phase 2, from the 1st October 2021, will permit vaccinated travellers entry without restrictions upon presentation of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours before departure.Mauritius is opening in phases during 2021 with the first phase from 15 July to 30 September 2021 enabling vaccinated travellers to enjoy a resort holiday on the island.
As we welcome you back to our resorts, there are a number of precautions and safety measures we have implemented for our guest comfort and safety in a safe environment. We have adapted our health and safety procedures to the requirements brought with COVID 19 and enhanced our disinfection protocol in all our public areas and rooms.
Our Guest Journey Sanitary Protocol includes our new Clean Resort label and collaboration with SGS. To ensure strict standards of cleanliness and mitigate the impact of COVID 19, this new scheme will evaluate the efficacy of cleaning and disinfection procedures in each resort. The products, protocols and measures are therefore certified and audited by SGS.
This label is our seal of approval, ensuring guests that protocols have been respected and will be visible on all touchpoints throughout their stay:
- The wearing of a face mask at check-in is required.
- Our staff will all wear a mask.
- Temperature Check of guests upon arrival.
- Check-in on IPad/Tablet prefilled by the Front Office associate.
- Download SUNAPP on APP Store or PLAY Store to get all resort information.
- Porters will wear appropriate protective washable gloves when on duty.
- Luggage outside surfaces and handles will be disinfected upon arrival in a designated area.
- Each room and air conditioning will be deep cleaned and disinfected prior to all arrivals.
- Guests have the option to request no room cleaning during their stay.
- Non-essential items including the minibar will be removed and provided upon request.
- A single-use sealant will be placed on each room door certifying that no one has entered the room since cleaning and disinfection were conducted.
- If guest opts for cleaning of room during their stay, housekeeping will conduct cleaning and disinfection of room with particular attention to high-touch items.
- In-Room Dining menu shall be made available via the SUNAPP.
- Temperature checks of guests will be conducted at breakfast and dinner as they enter the restaurants (using a thermographic thermometer).
- Menus have been adapted to favour live cooking as much as possible.
- Menus for all outlets will be available on SUNAPP and guests are invited to use the SUNAPP for bookings. Alternatively, digital menu boards, LCD, blackboards or QR codes are available.
- ‘Way in’ and ‘Way out’ flow for all F&B outlets.
- Baby high chairs are sanitized and plastic-wrapped between use. Bar snacks are provided sealed or in individual portions.
- Pool and Beach area: a minimum distance of two metres maintained between sunbeds.
- Guests are advised to use beach towels on sunbeds.
- Gym: Limited number of guests allowed in the gym at any one time (1/3 of normal occupancy).
- Kids Club: Access to Kids Club will be on a pre-booking basis. Limited number of children allowed at a time for a maximum slot of half a day.
- The guest bills will be sent via IP TV or SUNAPP or email 24-hour prior guest’s check-out.
- Drop-off box for keycard at check-out.
- We encourage cashless/contactless payments.
Click here to download our full Guest Journey sanitary protocol.
For more information regarding entry requirements to Mauritius and official protocols, you are invited to visit: https://mauritiusnow.com/faqs/